Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dony, No Swiping!



Do any of you have young'uns in the house?  If you do, you may be familiar with Swiper the Fox from the T.V. show Dora the Explorer.  Swiper is notorious for sneakily absconding with various objects from the heroine, Dora.  Or rather, he tries to swipe them, only to hear "Swiper, no swiping!" from Dora, Boots the Monkey, and millions of preschool viewers around the country.

Well, lately I've been hearing the refrain "Dony, no swiping!" around here, and I'm getting a little sick of it.  My counter surfing escapades have been seriously curtailed (heh-heh!).  How am I supposed to survive the long hours between breakfast and dinner with no snacks?!

Here's what I mean.  Little Boy wanted to make oatmeal cookies.  Of course, I offered my assistance.

   
Did somebody say cookies????



Double-checking the recipe.



I'll just skooch these measuring spoons over to Little Boy.



Time to sample the batter...it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.



D'oh!!  Foiled again by Little Boy!



But even he can't stop the quickest tongue on the East Coast!
(That's a Dorito, in case anyone's wondering)


So there you have it...I've been reduced to scrounging for tiny morsels instead of my usual entire cookie/apple slice/bacon slice/fill-in-the-blank.  I feel like a junkyard dog.

BTW, I got a kick out of your comments on my Wordless Wed. pic...Cole got it right, I was under a lounge chair on the deck when Boy Twin took that picture from inside. 

16 comments:

  1. Get your paws off the counter, missy! Though I'm sure that little boy couldn't possibly have made cookies without you! :-)

    I knew you had to be under a louge chair; score one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So helpful, cute girl. We are sure you family is starving you. Daisy is sure Mommy is starving her.

    Tucker and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sedona - you're a girl after my own heart! Would love the treat you (finally) got, but my peeps are so tight that I'd never get it!
    Hugs xo
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo pal! I am right there with ya! We could have a counter scooching contest... Good work pal!!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are a regular land shark! Our 2 1/2 year old niece will say to Maspn "no sharking" - guess that's our version of "no swiping!"

    Glad you scored a dorito at least!

    Snorts-
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sedona, great job, never give up, thats my motto. There is always something you can get to. Just find a way to distract them.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do my best to snag a taste from Mom's plate with that sideways tongue move too!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sedona,

    I can't see what's on our counters so no swiping goes on here. Mom is very good about protecting her food. BOL

    Waggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sedona,

    It looks like you're a gal with a plan.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swiper the Fox. Hee hee hee! I just LOVE you as Swiper! ;)
    Dony, I put up a post today just for you - answering your question about our fence!
    Love,
    Ammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are not allowed to counter surf, but that doesn't stop us from finding crumbs on the floor. Your little guy looks quite happy about his cookie making.

    Happy weekend, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Sedona!
    I can't reach the places where the food is but I can get what goes down to the floor!
    I can see you really wanted to help your little boy!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  13. How would the children manage without you? Anyway, it's good to start training them when they're young. Good work, Sedona!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sedona, you're doing a great job cleaning up the crumbs and spills! You would be most welcome at my house as daddy does NOT like cleaning!
    xoxo,
    Brownie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! Oatmeal cookies. Those are worth putting some effort into swiping.

    Your friend,
    NIamh

    ReplyDelete