Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful for You!

My human has been busy-busy-busy getting ready for something called "Thanksgiving". I know it involves turkey (and hopefully lots of scraps for moi!) and being grateful. So I would like to let you know that I am thankful for all my doggy-bloggy furiends! I've met so many nice pups since I started blogging in April and have really enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you.

So now you know why I haven't been posting in a while...I'm starting to figure out that before a major holiday or event like the kids' birthdays, my human gets all frenzied and has no time to log me onto the 'pee-yoo-ter. Just 'cuz she's hosting 16 people for a meal on Thursday (with 6 of 'em staying for the long weekend)...what's the big deal? Pick up the phone, order some pizza and you're done! But she won't listen to me...harumph.

Luckily, today she realized how much she's been neglecting me and took me on a fantastic walk in the woods, OFF LEASH!!! I was so excited to be free, free at last! It's a park she discovered when Girl Twin had a soccer game there, where dogs are allowed off leash on the wooded trails. I was very well behaved and didn't run off. If I got too far ahead of my slowpoke human, I'd turn around and wait for her to catch up. She was very pleased about that since she didn't know how I'd do the first time out. A couple times, we encountered some other dogs on the trail and she was glad I remembered my recall lessons.  I do much better with just one other dog; if two or more come up to me at once, I get a bit nervous.


A tree with trail markers.  I wanted to jump into the stream but my human nixed that idea!



A beautiful stone wall



Some gorgeous berries



Surveying the domain



When it gets warm again, my human said I could swim here!



All tuckered out from all that running around.

20 comments:

  1. hey Sedona, that's one beautiful turkey pic - may i borrow it????

    i can't believe we have not visited as i do remember you from Twix's night out. so baaaaaad of moi not to have visited earlier

    you have a Happy Thanksgiving
    chikisses and i hope we can be friends
    coco

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha, you DO know the lingo.......yes we call our city KL ( short for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's capital)......kay el

    how can we NOT be friends huh???? i'm definitely following you and will do a post on the twin towers for your twin soon

    chikisses from your new pal
    coco

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sedona, you were so good out there all free. I would have run like crazy and got Mommy all frazzled for sure. It looks like you were on the couch at the end resting. Does that mean you won the right to be on the couch? I hope so. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Sedona! You did a great job staying with your mom during the walk. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sedona! We are so excited for you!!!!!! Fantastic location for an off leash walkie. Mom hasn't yet trusted me off leash...but seeing how well you are doing, might inspire her! Looks like Fall there...nice crunchy leaves!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pawesome hike woo had!

    I khould almost feel the leaves under my paws!

    Tank woo fur sharing!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous place to walk!!

    We hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving, Sedona! It looks like you and your mom had a great walk together!

    <3 Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sedona!

    That's a nice place for a walkie. Does look fun roaming around there and seeing some furry friends too. The lake is also beautiful. Do take us with you when you go back for a swim.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your pawrents. Looks like you got lots of treats to enjoy there. Do tell us more about your celebration, alright?

    - Fudgie, Princess & the Piappies

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great place to walk... I am so envious! You look so happy off-leash...
    xoxo,
    Brownie

    pee ess: my bday is coming up this sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a BLAST! And what a beautiful place to go exploring! I wish I had been there! That pose up on the rocks is cool - you look so gorgeous and brave: Sedona, Explorer Pup! ha rooooo!
    My mom loves your sleepy pose. Why do bipeds like it when we're so exhausted? Can you figure that one out?
    Play bows,
    Zim
    PS: A VERY happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you 'Doney! Looks like you were truly in your element out there in the woods! Hope your mom makes all her foods good, maybe you'll even get some leftovers :)

    Thankful Snorts-
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a good girl you are, Sedona, we would have been off to meet those pups in seconds flat. You looked so great next to the fall leaves.

    We understand about the humans getting all stressed out before company and the holidays. Just be sure you get to taste that yummy turkey.

    Happy Thanksgiving, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sedona

    Looks like a great place for a walk. Wish we could come too. We love to be off leash.

    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and get lots of turkey.

    Tucker and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Sedona!
    Sure you had a pawesome walkie... free!! Wow!
    Sounds like you are going to have full house these days!
    Have fun!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Turkey Day Sedona!

    I hope you got some yummy turkey. You sure had a pawesome adventure the other day. That park looks like a great place to explore!

    Waggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  17. dear Sedona,
    Happy Thanksgiving and we did borrow your turkey to wish all our friends....TQ again
    and we trust you are having a wonderful day with family and friends

    enjoy and keep safe
    chikisses
    coco

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Thanksgiving Sedona! What pawsome hike you had! That place looks fantastic!
    xoxo
    Thor

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such nice thoughts, Sedona! And what an amazing walkie offleash!!! Isn't that fun??? Beautiful trail with so many water options hehee! What a good, good girl you were. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with tons of turkey treats!
    Hugs xo
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you and you Mom get some rest after the long weekend. Sounds like you have lots going on. What a good girl you were on your walk. I am very impressed. Maybe you will get to go there more often now!
    Snuggles,
    Twix
    PS: I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete