Sunday, May 10, 2009

Homeward Bound


This pic was taken one week before I went home with my family. They came to check me out in person before deciding if they wanted to wait for the next litter for their originally-planned pink-nosed boy Toller. One look was all it took! I have to admit, I was too cute for words...who could resist me? But apparently they wanted to be sure I wasn't a shrinking violet, as they needed a puppy that could stand up to the rigors of a 4 year-old and two 10 year-olds. I passed the test with flying colors...just check out my cool-as-a-cucumber attitude!

My family brought me home when I was 8 weeks old. I handled the 2 hour car ride home like a seasoned pro (except for pooping once then eating it before anyone could remove it from the crate...hey, at least I didn't throw up instead!)





My human's puppy-owning friends had warned her to expect a sleepless first week/s, but she was in for a pleasant surprise. You see, my breeders are very smart people. A week before I went to my new home, they had me start sleeping alone in a crate. I didn't like it much at first, but by the time my family took me home, I was completely used to it. I didn't even ask to be let out to pee in the middle of the night! Not even so much as a whimper.

No comments:

Post a Comment