Monday, August 24, 2009

How to Beat the Dog Days of Summer

We're nearing the end of August and we finally have some real August weather here in the Big Apple area. Steamy, muggy, crank-up-the-AC kind of weather. I guess it beats the never-ending rain we had here in June. And I can always cool off in the pool.
But the best part of the arrival of hot & humid weather is that my human finally caved and let me have doggy ice cream! I've been tortured all summer hearing about my furiends indulging in the stuff, like Golden Samantha, Twix (who got the real hooman stuff, extra-lucky girl!) and many others. I begged my human to get me some, but to no avail. She's so cold-hearted...or so I thought!
The other day, Girl Twin and she were food shopping when Girl Twin's eagle-eyes spotted this in the freezer section:


"No sugar added! High quality protein! All good stuff for Sedona! Please, Mom, pleeeeeeeeeeeze, can we get it for her??!!" I guess my human felt guilty that the rest of the family got to cool down with frozen treats, so she finally relented (Girl Twin's got my back, I gotta remember to give her extra snuggles).

When they showed me the box, I wasn't quite sure what to make of it:



But when Girl Twin let me sniff a cup, I got the idea & couldn't wait to try it. I polished it off in record time (and no brain freeze!)





Here's a clip of my first taste:



BTW, my human was curious about how this stuff tastes, so she sampled it (she tried to get Girl Twin to try it instead, but no dice). She says it tastes like powdered kibble mixed with cream. I wonder how she knows what dog food tastes like...she better not be dipping into my kibble container!

17 comments:

  1. Our Mom has decided that she will post the Avocado Won ton recipe tomorrow. If you would like it before then, please email her at rockycreekscotties@yahoo.com and she will get it off to you.

    Great score - getting the frosty paws. We have never had them - we bet they are great!!

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny your mommy tasted it - our mommy makes us frozen treats cause woodrow can t have to store bought stuff - tell you mommy to email our mommy if she wants a healthy ice cream recipe

    Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sedona, we thought it was about time we came to say hello. We like Frosty Paws too, but once you taste the real stuff, you will be in doggy heaven. Our Dad is pretty good about giving us a taste of his, just a little taste, but oh so good.

    Woos, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Girl Twin has your six for SURE! We've never had that but we've heard it's heavenly. We're horribly deprived of yummy treats... sigh..... does Girl Twin hire out?
    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha roo, Doney! I hope you LOVE the Happy Hearts Cookies! We sure do!
    What Dave doesn't know is that the reason we've never had Frosty Paws is that our Great Sisters who came before us had some and it ... well ... how do I put this delicately? Caused them to frequent the yard -- if you know what I mean. Sound familiar? So that's why Mom doesn't think we need to go down that road.
    Tail wags,
    Storms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sedona,

    Oh that is terrific! I am glad you finally got to try ice cream. We can't find the Frosty Paws around here so mom got us some real ice cream from the Sonic place a few weeks ago. It was SOOOO good! Us doggies should get a real treat once in awhile.

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never had frosty paws, but sure sounds delish!! My momster says I have a delicate stomach, so if what Stormy says it's true (and I don't doubt him) then I will never eat it cause I am the queen of explosive diarrhea... Urk!Hope you enjoy an extra one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Sedona! Isn't it a great treat? After hearing about how so many of our furiends get ice cream treats, mom finally got me some FrostyPaws too!! Only I have to share mine with Mason - he ate his too fast & I think he got brain freeze. What do you expect from a labradork??

    Frosty Snorts-
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stuff is really GOOD but kinda costs a lots of green papers when you have big doggies like us so our momma found a recipe for homemade and it is even betters! Tell your momma and if she wants the recipe, let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woo so fooled the humans!

    They thought woo were ignoring them!

    HA!

    Woo simply chose not to hear them!

    I'm glad woo enjoy your FP!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Twin Girl really looks out for you! She deserves lots of extra snuggles. I'm glad you got a frosty summertime treat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummers! We've had Frosty Paws!
    Your Girl Twin is a cutie patootie and her love for you is evident!
    Wrooo wrooo!
    Zack, Sassy and Buddy

    ReplyDelete
  13. We forgot to tell you that our dad collects coin, all kinds... and he has a cool set of dog coins from Canada-one has a NS Duck Tolling Retriever! Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sedona! That looks really nommy. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hurray for your Girl Twin!
    It looks like you liked your Frosty Paws!
    We don't have them here but my mom makes me some with yogurt and peanut butter... delicious!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yumm, Love Frosty Paws. My Human tried them too..she tries almost all my treats, she was not too crazy about these.

    Licks and Tail Wags!

    Olive :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have had the same weather this summer. Treats and toys have been good distractions...

    ReplyDelete