Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Ruff Day

Today was a ruff kinda day, but in a good way. My Family had a swim/cookout with lots of friends and family, including 11 kids (7 of which were age 4-or-under). Those little ones really wore me out! But everyone commented on how well I played with them, didn't knock anyone down (not even the 21-month old twins) and put up with all the poking and prodding and kisses. But I have to confess, I couldn't restrain myself from pinching some of their food as they walked around ...I say if it's at nose-level, it's fair game!

I also learned a new skill today: riding the floating mattress!




Girl Twin pushed me around and I didn't mind at all, and even sat down for the ride. My human was too busy playing hostess to take any video footage...next time.

By the afternoon's end, I was so pooped, I fell asleep in my human's lap.




My human said it hit her how much I've grown, when she saw that picture of me. I'm not the little ball of fluff she brought home 4 months ago!

I will leave you with something to pass on to your humans, a recipe for a great summer cocktail that was a big hit today:

VODKA GINGER LEMONADE
Boil in a pan 1 C. water, 1 C. sugar and 2 tsp. ground ginger, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
Let cool to room temperature. Add 1 and 1/4 C. vodka and 1/2 C. fresh lemon juice; stir well.
To serve, put about 1/4 C. of mixture in a glass, add about 2/3 C. seltzer water and ice cubes. Stir and enjoy!
Recipe can be doubled to serve a crowd.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, Sedona, looks like you had a big couple of weeks. What a good girl. Thanks for explaining tolling in your last post, we were wondering.

    Tucker and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day, Sedona! Thank your human for sharing a yummy recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sedona!
    Sure you had a pawesome day with all that people at your place!
    I can see how tired you were at the end!
    Have a good night
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day Sedona. You look so pretty sleeping at the end of the day. I am glad you snuck some snacks. Mom says thanks for the yummy recipe.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a very fun day you had and what a good girl. I love the pictures with you on the water. what a very pretty girl twin. Love the gentle pictures of you with mum too. Just lovely..

    Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sedona,

    Those little hoomans sure can wear a doggie out! We loved the pictures of you on the floatie and napping by your mom.

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sedona! It looks like you had a GREAT day! You look so adorable in that sleepy picture..... it inspired me to take a nap!
    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAY Sedona, Congrats on being so well behaved with the very young children .. you must be soooo patient :) and another congrats for mastering riding the floating mattress. Those pictures of you and Girl Twin are precious.

    It's amazing how fast do we grow, isn't it?

    Maltese Paws

    S&C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donie, I hope its ok if I call you that. I heard it on your video and loved it; of course, I don't know for sure how to spell it.
    Anyway, haven't we had a discussion on hiding the key to the liquor cabinet? You know, your Mom is gonna put up some more embarrassing photos of you, right?
    I've been saying for several weeks how big you have gotten. I bet it makes your Mom a little sad that you aren't her little fluff ball any more.
    It looks like you had a great time at the party! And one more thing, ALWAYS take food if you can...you can blame it on the humans for putting it within your reach.
    Love and hugs,
    Twix

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!

    Woo did have lots and lots of fun!

    That was furry khool of woo to be so good with the little ones!

    Mom says that adult beverage recipe looks good...especially since she chooses that breed of adult beverage much of the time!

    Happy Napping!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great sounding recipe! What a cute owner Sedona has :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanx for the recipe - we will have to try it out

    yes you are getting to be such a big girl - and what a good girl too - you looked very cute on your floatie

    Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sedona!
    Looks like you had a great time with your family and friends!
    You are a good girl!
    Thanks for the recipe!
    xoxo
    Thor

    ReplyDelete